Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Grandma Lake

My Grandma Lake passed away today.
It's amazing to try to explain death to children.
When we got in the car to go to school today, my mom just called to give me the news. Naturally, I was crying. The girls asked what was wrong and I told them that Great Grandma died. Georgia said, "We need to pray for Great Grandma. Dear Jesus, I pray for Great Grandma. I don't want her to cry. I don't want her to hurt. I don't want her to get dead, but she just died. Amen." Super cute and funny too!
Then Emma said, "Mommy, was Great Grandma your Mommy?" "No," I said, "She was my Grandma, my Grammie (what they call my mom)." "Now who will be your Grammie?" Emma asked. "We need to find you a new Grammie. We can share our Grammie with you."
They are so cute! Grandma measured everyone on the door jam of her kitchen. Here she is measuring Emma in 2008.
Her 86th birthday was celebrated at my house. She said her mother always made her a white cake with lemon filling and whipped cream frosting, so... that's what I made!

This is one of my favorite pictures of my Grandma - laughing! She did that often!


Grandma Emma & Baby Emma

Sharing a smoke with Grandma!!! Candy cigarettes mind you!!!
My Grandma always had a good sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP